Friday, August 23, 2013

All Stripes Baby! No, I Don't Mean Zebras


So for my very first blog - ever - someone suggested that I should right about black and white vertical and horizontal patterns. The "How To" on when and where to wear them. Truthfully, I was never really a big fan of black and white stripes. Don't get me wrong, they're marvelously adaptive? If that's the correct word to use. You can wear them with almost anything! 



Calling all tomboys! This first look I chose was solely based on the fact that, the black and white striped skirt stands out among the blue muscle tee and sneakers- and actually work! Remember when I claimed not liking the stripes? Well this is one look I would certainly wear! The pop of lime green in the belt really accentuate the boldness of the stripes. The skirt says business but paired with the loose half tucked blue tee and the sneakers gives it a sort of "tomboy-ish chic". 
Hangout time! In this outfit, the black and white skirt has been paired with not only a studded belt but also a red leather biker jacket to make it pop! These two items give the outfit the edge it needed. The belt gives the skirt a very classic touch. It makes the outfit appropriate for dinners, dates, and daily outings anywhere. With the red jacket added, this ensemble now has a more edgy look. The color red alone will bring attention to the black and white. This is the outfit you would wear out Friday night with friends or to the concert of your favorite band/artist.

Day at the office! This look is a personal favorite of mines. Where do I start?! Okay first lets look at how well the skirt and shirt blends well. Sticking to dark colors in the tights and shoes, this really helped the jacket pop! The jacket's mid-arm length and jet black collar effortlessly makes the thin white lines in the shirt appear vibrant; both pieces complement each other. The plain black skirt and tights gives the look a conservative touch but still fabulous. It's the perfect look for a day at the office or even a day out to brunch or to catch an early dinner with a friend. 


    Now I have seen many variations of outfits where you can use your stripes. Usually pairing the top or bottom with either solid white or black works but using solid colors in general can work also. These solid colors make the stripes stand out in the outfit. Minimal accessories are at use too. A bag and necklace alone can simply complement the entire outfit without the hassle of bangles, belts, headbands, watches and etc. I really feel accomplished on finishing my very first blog! Now I'm off to buying me some stripes! Even if fall is approaching and styles have changed, you cant go wrong with black ad white! Thanks for reading!



    4 comments:

    1. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
      Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
      Let me know follow you then back.
      Lovely greets Nessa

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Awwwww that means so much to me! Sure we can follow each other on bloglovin
        Btw I love your blog!

        Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely words.^^
      Follow you back on bloglovin.
      Lovely greets from germany

      ReplyDelete